dotnet add package SingleFile.VB.ExtString.ConvertAccents --version 1.0.25
NuGet\Install-Package SingleFile.VB.ExtString.ConvertAccents -Version 1.0.25
<PackageReference Include="SingleFile.VB.ExtString.ConvertAccents" Version="1.0.25" />
paket add SingleFile.VB.ExtString.ConvertAccents --version 1.0.25
#r "nuget: SingleFile.VB.ExtString.ConvertAccents, 1.0.25"
// Install SingleFile.VB.ExtString.ConvertAccents as a Cake Addin #addin nuget:?package=SingleFile.VB.ExtString.ConvertAccents&version=1.0.25 // Install SingleFile.VB.ExtString.ConvertAccents as a Cake Tool #tool nuget:?package=SingleFile.VB.ExtString.ConvertAccents&version=1.0.25
VB.NET source file that contains an extension method that replaces accented characters within a string through non-accented ones, which is useful to create logon names, email addresses etc.
German upper-case umlauts like "Ä" are converted either to "Ae" or "AE" depending the context, "ß" analogously may become "ss" or "SS". There is support for a lot of western characters, but as I am no linguist it might contain some errors as e.g. I as a Swiss am not sure whether an Islandic/Faroese "ð" should be converted to a "d", "dh" or a "th"...
See also NuGet-package "SingleFile.VB.ExtString.RemoveUnwantedChars" to remove unsupported characters after substituting the accented ones.
.NET Framework 3.5
.NET Framework 4.0
.NET Framework 4.5
.NET Framework 4.5.1
.NET Framework 4.5.2
.NET Framework 4.6
.NET Framework 4.6.1
Visual Basic 9 (shipped in 2007 with .NET 3.5)
This package is part of the "SingleFile.VB" collection that consists of small utilities in the form of VB.NET source files, usually two of them per package, namely the code file and the test file (Microsoft standard unit tests) as well as the license files that are shared over all "Single.VB" packages.
Extension methods and other static utility functions are not shared accross projects resp. assemblies but included wherever they are needed. For that reason they are declared "Friend" and namespace-less as they are supposed to be part of the project's current namespace.
Unit test files are added directly to the project and declared "Public" because of limitations of that framework, but they are only compiled in debug mode (through a compiler directive that checks for the "DEBUG" keyword). This allows to keep the tests very near to the code which simplifies access to internal members but does not bulk the published version. The reference to "Microsoft.VisualStudio.TestTools.UnitTesting" (assembly "Microsoft.VisualStudio.QualityTools.UnitTestFramework.dll") is only needed during development and may be declared with "Copy Local = False".
The NuGet package version is global across all "Single.VB" packages, and they always reference other packages of the same version (most recent at the time of publishing). This greatly simplifies my dependency handling and therefore improves the quality of the NuGet packages, but may leed to an updated package that does not contain any code change. I apologize for that inconvenience.
Your feedback and/or contribution is welcome. Please contact me on email@example.com.
Learn more about Target Frameworks and .NET Standard.
- SingleFile.VB.LicenseInfo.MitLicense (>= 1.0.25)
This package is not used by any NuGet packages.
This package is not used by any popular GitHub repositories.
SingleFile.VB (from 1.0.17 to 1.0.25)
VB.NET Source File Collection
Packaged on 2016-01-22 00:16
- Package "SingleFile.VB.ExtByte.ToEnglishOrdinal" added.
- Package "SingleFile.VB.ExtSByte.ToEnglishOrdinal" added.
- Package "SingleFile.VB.ExtInt16.ToEnglishOrdinal" added.
- Package "SingleFile.VB.ExtUInt16.ToEnglishOrdinal" added.
- Package "SingleFile.VB.ExtInt32.ToEnglishOrdinal" added.
- Package "SingleFile.VB.ExtUInt32.ToEnglishOrdinal" added.
- Package "SingleFile.VB.ExtInt64.ToEnglishOrdinal" added.
- Package "SingleFile.VB.ExtUInt64.ToEnglishOrdinal" added.
- Package "SingleFile.VB.ExtByte.IsMultipleOf" added.
- Package "SingleFile.VB.ExtSByte.IsMultipleOf" added.
- Package "SingleFile.VB.ExtArray.GetEmptyArray" added.
- Package "SingleFile.VB.ExtString.FillIn" now uses "SingleFile.VB.ExtArray.GetEmptyArray". Watch out: Sometimes the update copies the files needed into the project but does not add it to it. In this case, click on the "Show all files" button and include these files manually.
- Package description improved.
- Minimum required language version for each project determined and added to the package description (and lots of minor syntax changes made to decrease the requirements).
- SingleFile.VB.ExtBigInteger.ToByteArray: .NET 3.5 version removed as it references System.Numerics.dll that was added with .NET 4.0.
- SingleFile.VB.ExtByteArray.ToBigInteger: .NET 3.5 version removed as it references System.Numerics.dll that was added with .NET 4.0.