dotnet add package Heretic.InteractiveFiction --version 0.11.0
NuGet\Install-Package Heretic.InteractiveFiction -Version 0.11.0
<PackageReference Include="Heretic.InteractiveFiction" Version="0.11.0" />
paket add Heretic.InteractiveFiction --version 0.11.0
#r "nuget: Heretic.InteractiveFiction, 0.11.0"
// Install Heretic.InteractiveFiction as a Cake Addin #addin nuget:?package=Heretic.InteractiveFiction&version=0.11.0 // Install Heretic.InteractiveFiction as a Cake Tool #tool nuget:?package=Heretic.InteractiveFiction&version=0.11.0
This is a framework for creating interactive fiction in a classic text adventure style. It is primarily intended for programmers - not for writers!
Heretic.InteractiveFiction intends to return to the old text adventure days of the 1980s and evoke the spirit and mood of the genre.
A documentation based on a manageable, but constantly growing text adventure, which illustrates the capabilities of Heretic.InteractiveFiction, can be found here.
- Multiplayer capability.
- Multilingual capability.
- Game loop included.
- Easy to use classes to bring rooms, items and characters to life.
- A comprehensive set of properties to make the items act in their environment.
- A strong event system to enable the development of extensive game scenarios.
- A fixed set of verbs with a strong parser.
- An abstract subsystem for message printing with a inheritable implementation for the standard console.
- Help and hint system included.
Games developed with Heretic.InteractiveFiction
- Fenrir 13 (first published on 1st of April 2022 at the german Interactive Fiction Grand Prix 2022 )
- Completion of all event handlers.
- Completion of grammar.
- A small sample adventure to demonstrate the capabilities and their implementation.
- English translation of the basic texts and descriptions.
- MAUI frame.
- Blazor implementation.
- Online platform to provide and play games for free.
|Product||Versions Compatible and additional computed target framework versions.|
|.NET||net5.0 was computed. net5.0-windows was computed. net6.0 was computed. net6.0-android was computed. net6.0-ios was computed. net6.0-maccatalyst was computed. net6.0-macos was computed. net6.0-tvos was computed. net6.0-windows was computed. net7.0 was computed. net7.0-android was computed. net7.0-ios was computed. net7.0-maccatalyst was computed. net7.0-macos was computed. net7.0-tvos was computed. net7.0-windows was computed. net8.0 was computed. net8.0-android was computed. net8.0-ios was computed. net8.0-maccatalyst was computed. net8.0-macos was computed. net8.0-tvos was computed. net8.0-windows was computed.|
|.NET Core||netcoreapp3.0 was computed. netcoreapp3.1 was computed.|
|.NET Standard||netstandard2.1 is compatible.|
|MonoAndroid||monoandroid was computed.|
|MonoMac||monomac was computed.|
|MonoTouch||monotouch was computed.|
|Tizen||tizen60 was computed.|
|Xamarin.iOS||xamarinios was computed.|
|Xamarin.Mac||xamarinmac was computed.|
|Xamarin.TVOS||xamarintvos was computed.|
|Xamarin.WatchOS||xamarinwatchos was computed.|
- No dependencies.
This package is not used by any NuGet packages.
This package is not used by any popular GitHub repositories.
*** Breaking Changes ***
Huge refactoring on nearly all areas:
* many new verbs (e.g. LOAD, RESTART, REVERT, ...)
* better help subsystem
* reduced effort in creating and initialising a new game