See the version list below for details.
Install-Package Gnostice.DocumentStudio.WinForms.Free -Version 19.2.0
dotnet add package Gnostice.DocumentStudio.WinForms.Free --version 19.2.0
<PackageReference Include="Gnostice.DocumentStudio.WinForms.Free" Version="19.2.0" />
paket add Gnostice.DocumentStudio.WinForms.Free --version 19.2.0
#r "nuget: Gnostice.DocumentStudio.WinForms.Free, 19.2.0"
// Install Gnostice.DocumentStudio.WinForms.Free as a Cake Addin #addin nuget:?package=Gnostice.DocumentStudio.WinForms.Free&version=19.2.0 // Install Gnostice.DocumentStudio.WinForms.Free as a Cake Tool #tool nuget:?package=Gnostice.DocumentStudio.WinForms.Free&version=19.2.0
Gnostice Document Studio .NET is the next-generation multi-format document-processing component suite for .NET developers. Document Studio .NET Converter supports converting PDF, DOCX, DOC, XLSX, XLS, ODS, BMP, GIF, JPEG, PNG, WMF, EMF, TIFF and MTIFF to PDF, DOCX, RTF, TXT, HTML, BMP, GIF, JPEG, PNG, TIFF and MTIFF. It can convert documents such as DOCX-to-PDF or PDF to images without requiring any other external software or libraries. It can also intelligently reconstruct page elements when converting PDF to DOCX.
Document Studio .NET is 100% managed code. It can natively process supported formats without requiring external software such as Microsoft Word, Open XML SDK, Word Automation Services, Adobe PDF library or GhostScript.
NOTE: This product runs in trial mode. If you are happy with the product, you can unlock it for FREE by registering for a license on our website.
- Gnostice.DocumentStudio.Foundation (>= 19.2.0)
This package is not used by any NuGet packages.
This package is not used by any popular GitHub repositories.
Version 2019 R2 - September 23, 2019
- PDF Engine
- A newly designed PDF engine is introduced that works across platforms. Since this engine is not yet at parity with the feature-set of the old PDF engine, it is enabled only for .NET Standard. So it is used by the new Xamarin document viewer control and also can be used in .NET Core / .NET Core 3 frameworks. Once its feature-set matches that of the old PDF engine, the old engine will be replaced with the new one for all platforms.
- Features currently supported by the new PDF engine
- Supported font types: Type 1, TrueType, CFF, CID
- Supported image types: 8 BPC BMP and 8 BPC JPEG
- Supported encryption algorithms: RC4 (40 bit and 128 bit) and AES (128 bit and 256 bit)
- Stream decompression filter types:
- Xamarin Document Viewer Control
- A new Document Viewer control is introduced for Xamarin.Forms mobile apps (Android and iOS).
- Features currently supported the control
- Page layouts
- Continuous: Single-page, Two-page, Fit-to-window
- Scroll orientation
- Vertical, Horizontal
- First-page, Previous-page, Next-page, Last-page, Goto-page
- Zoom-in, Zoom-out, Fit-width, Fit-height, Custom-zoom (unlimited)
- Specific pages and all pages
- Swipe, Pan and Double-tap.
- Product Licensing
- The old registration-key based product licensing system has been replaced with an activation-key based licensing system. See the documentation for more details.
- Document Engines
- All existing document engines (except PDF) are now supported on .NET Standard compliant frameworks (.NET Core and Xamarin as well).
- Updated file format prediction code to improve detection of supported files.
- Digitization Engine
- The digitization engine (OCR) is now supported on .NET Standard compliant frameworks as well.
- Document Converter
- The Document Converter component now works both in .NET Framework as well as .NET Standard.
- Document Mail-merge
- The Mail-merge component now works both in .NET Framework as well as .NET Standard.
- Document Viewers
- Both the WinForms and WPF viewer controls have been redesigned and rewritten from the ground-up.
- The newly introduced Xamarin Document Viewer control, and the rewritten WinForms and WPF Document Viewer controls share bulk of their code via the newly introduced PageManager module. This new design allows for faster introduction of features into all viewers at the same time.
- The WPF viewer now supports navigation via thumbnails as well as PDF bookmarks.
- Word formats
- Header and footer content is now rendered with a faded color to match Word behavior.
- Spreadsheet formats
- File is now read in a worker thread and content is rendered to pages
- DCT images having Separation Colorspace with Type 0 (Sampled) Function are rendered with inverted colors..
- JPX image having JPX image as SMask are not rendered.
- Shapes having Separation Colorspace with Type 0 (Sampled) Function are rendered incorrectly.
- Rendering DCT images having JPX image as SMask.
- Rendering of image that is compressed using Flate with Predictor value '15' takes longer than expected.
- Text extraction results in extraction of incorrect text for CID font text when the CID font contains ToUnicode stream with "beginbfrange" lines that specify array of Unicode values for the given range.
- Random errors observed in appearance of transparent text when converting to PDF.
- Deletion of annotations in the document leads to generation of corrupt PDF output.
- NRE thrown when fetching form fields for some PDF files.
- Form fields with unspecified field type are rendered twice.
- Text fields are not displayed after saving due to incorrect encoding text field value for some documents.
- Form fields are rendered at incorrect position due to incorrect handling of Matrix entry in the field appearance stream.
- Multiple embedded font text rendering fixes by the font engine.
- Word formats
- Picture watermarks are not being rendered correctly.
- NRE thrown when loading some DOCX files containing fields.
- NRE thrown when loading TXT files containing null characters.
- Rendering issue of fields where a width change isn’t accounted for when the field value is changed.
- NRE when rendering some DOC files with a table.
- Tab stops of type “start” are not handled.
- Hang when rendering a table containing a page break.
- Highlight color not parsed properly in DOC files.
- Spreadsheet formats
- Rich text parsing issue in XLS.