A cross-platform pre-instrumenting code coverage tool set for .net/.net core and Mono
See the version list below for details.
Install-Package altcover -Version 7.0.773
dotnet add package altcover --version 7.0.773
<PackageReference Include="altcover" Version="7.0.773" />
paket add altcover --version 7.0.773
#r "nuget: altcover, 7.0.773"
// Install altcover as a Cake Addin #addin nuget:?package=altcover&version=7.0.773 // Install altcover as a Cake Tool #tool nuget:?package=altcover&version=7.0.773
This build from https://github.com/SteveGilham/altcover/tree/36a686f345ca57e3a7f95c23413a60f79b2a6a11
Q. Never mind the fluff -- how do I get started?
A. Start with the Quick Start guide : https://github.com/SteveGilham/altcover/wiki/QuickStart-Guide
# 7.0.773 (Genbu series release 2)
* [BUGFIX] Compute CRAP score for unvisited methods too (and add it to the higher level summary items)
* Add `TypeSafe.Filters.Join` to compute the concatenation of a `TypeSafe.FilterItems seq` to an existing `TypeSafe.Filters` instance. Strict SemVer would bump the minor version at this point, but given the short time since the initial 7.0 release, I doubt the dust has settled fully yet.
# 7.0.770/771 (Genbu series release 1)
* There are functional changes (fixes and enhancements from the previous pre-release)
* [BUGFIX] Don't automatically exclude C# inner functions (and other `[CompilerGenerated]`) from coverage.
* [BREAKING; Command Line] Option `--defer` now takes no arguments; there is no use-case for the `--defer:-` so that and the redundant `--defer:+` are gone
* [BREAKING; MSBuild tasks] `AltCover.Prepare.Defer` defaults to `true`; in `dotnet test`, as the value is overridden (effectively forced true), this has no effect.
* [BREAKING; PowerShell] rename and generalise `Format-FromCoverletOpenCover` as `Write-OpenCoverDerivedState`
* [BREAKING; API] Rationalise and rename across most parts of the API, above and beyond the pre-release; remove `CSApi` as a separate assembly, with the main `AltCover` assembly publishing that part of the C# callable API, and split `FSApi` into `Toolkit` for PowerShell support and `DotNet` for `dotnet test` support.
* Add `--attributetoplevel`, `--typetoplevel` and `--methodtoplevel` command line options (and equivalents) to allow inner classes or functions to be included in coverage independently their containing class or function.
* Revise/update/fix the Wiki API pages, help-text and the like
* Autogenerate more of the documentation
# 7.0.766-pre (Genbu series release pre-1)
* There should not be any functional changes before a full 7.0 release; the pre-release is just to ensure I'm happy with the API before freezing it for 7.x
* [BREAKING] Replace the `--opencover` command line argument and its equivalents with `--reportFormat=...` defaulting to `OpenCover` and currently also accepting `NCover`
* [BREAKING; dotnet tool] Remove the deprecated `altcover.dotnet` package with the old-style `DotNetCliToolReference` Tool
* [BREAKING; API] Rename the `AltCover_Fake` namespace to `AltCoverFake`, because it's simpler that way
* [BREAKING; API] Remove obsolete APIs previously marked as `[Obsolete]`
* [BREAKING; API] Rationalise and rename across most parts of the API
* [BREAKING; API, PowerShell] PowerShell cmdlets and the supporting API are now all `XDocument` based
* [BREAKING; PowerShell] Make the `Invoke-AltCover -ShowStatic` parameter take only the typesafe `enum`
* [Documentation] Completely revise the API documentation in [the wiki](https://github.com/SteveGilham/altcover/wiki)
* [PowerShell]`Add-Accelerator` and `Get-Accelerator` cmdlets to write and read new type accelerators e.g. `[xdoc]` for `System.Xml.Linq.XDocument`
* `--zipfile` command line option (and equivalents) to put the coverage report into a `.zip` archive
* `--methodpoint` command line option (and equivalents) to restrict visit reporting to just the method level
* extend `--threshold` command line option (and equivalents) to allow minimum branch or method coverage, and maximum CRAP score
* [Global tool] `TargetsPath` command line option for the global `altcover` tool to report where the associated `.targets` file is located (as it can't be `dotnet add`ed to a project)
For previous releases (6.x.x and earlier) [go here](https://github.com/SteveGilham/altcover/blob/master/ReleaseNotes%20-%20Previously.md)
This package has no dependencies.
This package is not used by any NuGet packages.
GitHub repositories (8)
Showing the top 5 popular GitHub repositories that depend on altcover:
Simple, powerful, cross-platform SQLite client and ORM for .NET
ReportGenerator converts coverage reports generated by coverlet, OpenCover, dotCover, Visual Studio, NCover, Cobertura, JaCoCo, Clover, gcov or lcov into human readable reports in various formats.
A simple package with guard clause extensions.
Database migration tool for .NET and .NET Core projects. Inspired by Flyway.
Delegate-based C# P/Invoke alternative - compatible with all platforms and runtimes.