__MICROSOFT SOFTWARE LICENSE TERMS__
__MICROSOFT AZURE KEY VAULT PROVIDER-ALWAYS ENCRYPTED COLUMN MASTER KEY FOR SQL SERVER__
These license terms are an agreement between Microsoft Corporation (or based on where you live, one of its affiliates) and you. Please read them. They apply to the software named above, which includes the media on which you received it, if any. The terms also apply to any Microsoft
- Internet-based services, and
- support services
for this software, unless other terms accompany those items. If so, those terms apply.
__BY USING THE SOFTWARE, YOU ACCEPT THESE TERMS. YOU MAY CHOOSE NOT TO ACCEPT THESE TERMS, IN WHICH CASE YOU MAY NOT USE THE SOFTWARE (IF YOU HAVE NOT ALREADY INSTALLED IT) OR WITHDRAW YOUR ACCEPTANCE ANY TIME BY UNINSTALLING THE SOFTWARE.__
__IF YOU COMPLY WITH THESE LICENSE TERMS, YOU HAVE THE PERPETUAL RIGHTS BELOW.__
1. __INSTALLATION AND USE RIGHTS.__ One user may install and use any number of copies of the software on your devices to design, develop and test your programs.
2. __INTERNET-BASED SERVICES.__ Microsoft provides Internet-based services with the software. It may change or cancel them at any time. You may not use these devices in any way that could harm them or impair anyone else’s use of them. You may not use the services to try to gain unauthorized access to any service, data, account or network by any means.
3. __ADDITIONAL LICENSING REQUIREMENTS AND/OR USE RIGHTS.__
1. __DISTRIBUTABLE CODE.__ The software is comprised of Distributable Code. “Distributable Code” is code that you are permitted to distribute in programs you develop if you comply with the terms below.
1. __Right to Use and Distribute.__
- You may copy and distribute the object code form of the software.
- Third Party Distribution. You may permit distributors of your programs to copy and distribute the Distributable Code as part of those programs.
1. __Distribution Requirements. For any Distributable Code you distribute, you must__
· add significant primary functionality to it in your programs;
- for any Distributable Code having a filename extension of .lib, distribute only the results of running such Distributable Code through a linker with your program;
- distribute Distributable Code included in a setup program only as part of that setup program without modification;
- require distributors and external end users to agree to terms that protect it at least as much as this agreement;
- display your valid copyright notice on your programs; and
- indemnify, defend, and hold harmless Microsoft from any claims, including attorneys’ fees, related to the distribution or use of your programs.
1. __Distribution Restrictions. You may not__
- alter any copyright, trademark or patent notice in the Distributable Code;
- use Microsoft’s trademarks in your programs’ names or in a way that suggests your programs come from or are endorsed by Microsoft;
- distribute Distributable Code to run on a platform other than the Windows platform;
- include Distributable Code in malicious, deceptive or unlawful programs; or
- modify or distribute the source code of any Distributable Code so that any part of it becomes subject to an Excluded License. An Excluded License is one that requires, as a condition of use, modification or distribution, that
- the code be disclosed or distributed in source code form; or
- others have the right to modify it.
4. __SCOPE OF LICENSE.__ The software is licensed, not sold. This agreement only gives you some rights to use the software. Microsoft reserves all other rights. Unless applicable law gives you more rights despite this limitation, you may use the software only as expressly permitted in this agreement. In doing so, you must comply with any technical limitations in the software that only allow you to use it in certain ways. You may not
- work around any technical limitations in the software;
- reverse engineer, decompile or disassemble the software, except and only to the extent that applicable law expressly permits, despite this limitation;
- make more copies of the software than specified in this agreement or allowed by applicable law, despite this limitation;
- publish the software for others to copy; or
- rent, lease or lend the software.
5. __BACKUP COPY.__ You may make one backup copy of the software. You may use it only to reinstall the software.
6. __DOCUMENTATION.__ Any person that has valid access to your computer or internal network may copy and use the documentation for your internal, reference purposes.
7. __TRANSFER TO A THIRD PARTY.__ The first user of the software may transfer it and this agreement directly to a third party. Before the transfer, that party must agree that this agreement applies to the transfer and use of the software. The first user must uninstall the software before transferring it separately from the device. The first user may not retain any copies.
8. __EXPORT RESTRICTIONS.__ The software is subject to United States export laws and regulations. You must comply with all domestic and international export laws and regulations that apply to the software. These laws include restrictions on destinations, end users and end use. For additional information, see www.microsoft.com/exporting.
9. __UPDATES.__ The software may install automatic updates, which cannot be turned off. By using the software, you agree to receive automatic updates without any additional notice, and permit Microsoft to download and install them for you. You agree to obtain these updates only from Microsoft or Microsoft authorized sources. If you do not want software updates, disconnect your device from the internet or uninstall the software.
10. __SUPPORT SERVICES.__ Because this software is “as is,” we may not provide support services for it.
11. __ENTIRE AGREEMENT.__ This agreement, and the terms for supplements, updates, Internet-based services and support services that you use, are the entire agreement for the software and support services.
12. __APPLICABLE LAW.__
1. __United States.__ If you acquired the software in the United States, Washington state law governs the interpretation of this agreement and applies to claims for breach of it, regardless of conflict of laws principles. The laws of the state where you live govern all other claims, including claims under state consumer protection laws, unfair competition laws, and in tort.
2. __Outside the United States.__ If you acquired the software in any other country, the laws of that country apply.
13. __LEGAL EFFECT.__ This agreement describes certain legal rights. You may have other rights under the laws of your country. You may also have rights with respect to the party from whom you acquired the software. This agreement does not change your rights under the laws of your country if the laws of your country do not permit it to do so.
14. __DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTY. THE SOFTWARE IS LICENSED “AS-IS.” YOU BEAR THE RISK OF USING IT. MICROSOFT GIVES NO EXPRESS WARRANTIES, GUARANTEES OR CONDITIONS. YOU MAY HAVE ADDITIONAL CONSUMER RIGHTS OR STATUTORY GUARANTEES UNDER YOUR LOCAL LAWS WHICH THIS AGREEMENT CANNOT CHANGE. TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED UNDER YOUR LOCAL LAWS, MICROSOFT EXCLUDES THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT.
FOR AUSTRALIA – YOU HAVE STATUTORY GUARANTEES UNDER THE AUSTRALIAN CONSUMER LAW AND NOTHING IN THESE TERMS IS INTENDED TO AFFECT THOSE RIGHTS.__
15. __LIMITATION ON AND EXCLUSION OF REMEDIES AND DAMAGES. YOU CAN RECOVER FROM MICROSOFT AND ITS SUPPLIERS ONLY DIRECT DAMAGES UP TO U.S. $5.00. YOU CANNOT RECOVER ANY OTHER DAMAGES, INCLUDING CONSEQUENTIAL, LOST PROFITS, SPECIAL, INDIRECT OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES.__
This limitation applies to
- anything related to the software, services, content (including code) on third party Internet sites, or third party programs; and
- claims for breach of contract, breach of warranty, guarantee or condition, strict liability, negligence, or other tort to the extent permitted by applicable law.
It also applies even if Microsoft knew or should have known about the possibility of the damages. The above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you because your country may not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental, consequential or other damages.
__Please note: As this software is distributed in Quebec, Canada, these license terms are provided below in French.__
__Remarque : Ce logiciel étant distribué au Québec, Canada, les termes de cette licence sont fournis ci-dessous en français.__
__EFFET JURIDIQUE.__ Le présent contrat décrit certains droits juridiques. Vous pourriez avoir d’autres droits prévus par les lois de votre pays. Vous pourriez également avoir des droits à l’égard de la partie de qui vous avez acquis le logiciel. Le présent contrat ne modifie pas les droits que vous confèrent les lois de votre ou pays si celles-ci ne le permettent pas.
__EXCLUSIONS DE GARANTIE. LE LOGICIEL EST CONCÉDÉ SOUS LICENCE « EN L’ÉTAT ». VOUS ASSUMEZ TOUS LES RISQUES LIÉS À SON UTILISATION. MICROSOFT N’ACCORDE AUCUNE GARANTIE OU CONDITION EXPRESSE. VOUS POUVEZ BENEFICIER DE DROITS DES CONSOMMATEURS SUPPLEMENTAIRES OU DE GARANTIES STATUTAIRES DANS LE CADRE DU DROIT LOCAL, QUE CE CONTRAT NE PEUT MODIFIER. LORSQUE CELA EST AUTORISÉ PAR LE DROIT LOCAL, MICROSOFT EXCLUT LES GARANTIES IMPLICITES DE QUALITÉ, D’ADÉQUATION À UN USAGE PARTICULIER ET D’ABSENCE DE CONTREFAÇON.__
__POUR L’AUSTRALIE – LA LOI AUSTRALIENNE SUR LA CONSOMMATION (AUSTRALIAN CONSUMER LAW) VOUS ACCORDE DES GARANTIES STATUTAIRES QU’AUCUN ELEMENT DU PRESENT ACCORD NE PEUT AFFECTER.__
__LIMITATION ET EXCLUSION DE RECOURS ET DE DOMMAGES. VOUS POUVEZ OBTENIR DE MICROSFOT ET DE SES FOURNISSEURS UNE INDEMNISATION EN CAS DE DOMMAGES DIRECTS LIMITÉE UNIQUEMENT A HAUTEUR DE 5,00 $ US. VOUS NE POUVEZ PRÉTENDRE À AUCUNE INDEMNISATION POUR LES AUTRES DOMMAGES, Y COMPRIS LES DOMMAGES SPÉCIAUX, INDIRECTS OU ACCESSOIRES ET PERTES DE BÉNÉFICES.__
Cette limitation concerne :
- toute affaire liée au logiciel, aux services ou au contenu (y compris le code) figurant sur des sites Internet tiers ou dans des programmes tiers et
- les réclamations au titre de violation de contrat ou de garantie, ou au titre de responsabilité stricte, de négligence ou d’une autre faute dans la limite autorisée par la loi en vigueur.
Elle s’applique également même si Microsoft connaissait l'éventualité d'un tel dommage. La limitation ou exclusion ci-dessus peut également ne pas vous être applicable, car votre pays n’autorise pas l’exclusion ou la limitation de responsabilité pour les dommages indirects, accessoires ou de quelque nature que ce soit.