dotnet add package Hangfire.Core --version 1.8.5
NuGet\Install-Package Hangfire.Core -Version 1.8.5
<PackageReference Include="Hangfire.Core" Version="1.8.5" />
paket add Hangfire.Core --version 1.8.5
#r "nuget: Hangfire.Core, 1.8.5"
// Install Hangfire.Core as a Cake Addin #addin nuget:?package=Hangfire.Core&version=1.8.5 // Install Hangfire.Core as a Cake Tool #tool nuget:?package=Hangfire.Core&version=1.8.5
An easy and reliable way to perform fire-and-forget, delayed and recurring, long-running, short-running, CPU or I/O intensive tasks inside ASP.NET applications. No Windows Service / Task Scheduler required. Even ASP.NET is not required.
Backed by Redis, SQL Server, SQL Azure or MSMQ. This is a .NET alternative to Sidekiq, Resque and Celery.
|Product||Versions Compatible and additional computed target framework versions.|
|.NET||net5.0 was computed. net5.0-windows was computed. net6.0 was computed. net6.0-android was computed. net6.0-ios was computed. net6.0-maccatalyst was computed. net6.0-macos was computed. net6.0-tvos was computed. net6.0-windows was computed. net7.0 was computed. net7.0-android was computed. net7.0-ios was computed. net7.0-maccatalyst was computed. net7.0-macos was computed. net7.0-tvos was computed. net7.0-windows was computed.|
|.NET Core||netcoreapp1.0 was computed. netcoreapp1.1 was computed. netcoreapp2.0 was computed. netcoreapp2.1 was computed. netcoreapp2.2 was computed. netcoreapp3.0 was computed. netcoreapp3.1 was computed.|
|.NET Standard||netstandard1.3 is compatible. netstandard1.4 was computed. netstandard1.5 was computed. netstandard1.6 was computed. netstandard2.0 is compatible. netstandard2.1 was computed.|
|.NET Framework||net451 is compatible. net452 was computed. net46 is compatible. net461 was computed. net462 was computed. net463 was computed. net47 was computed. net471 was computed. net472 was computed. net48 was computed. net481 was computed.|
|MonoAndroid||monoandroid was computed.|
|MonoMac||monomac was computed.|
|MonoTouch||monotouch was computed.|
|Tizen||tizen30 was computed. tizen40 was computed. tizen60 was computed.|
|Universal Windows Platform||uap was computed. uap10.0 was computed.|
|Xamarin.iOS||xamarinios was computed.|
|Xamarin.Mac||xamarinmac was computed.|
|Xamarin.TVOS||xamarintvos was computed.|
|Xamarin.WatchOS||xamarinwatchos was computed.|
- Newtonsoft.Json (>= 11.0.1)
NuGet packages (369)
Showing the top 5 NuGet packages that depend on Hangfire.Core:
SQL Server 2008+ (including Express), SQL Server LocalDB and SQL Azure storage support for Hangfire (background job system for ASP.NET applications).
An easy and reliable way to perform fire-and-forget, delayed and recurring, long-running, short-running, CPU or I/O intensive tasks inside ASP.NET applications. No Windows Service / Task Scheduler required. Even ASP.NET is not required. Backed by Redis, SQL Server, SQL Azure or MSMQ. This is a .NET alternative to Sidekiq, Resque and Celery. https://www.hangfire.io/
A memory storage for Hangfire
PostgreSql storage implementation for Hangfire (background job system for ASP.NET and aspnet core applications).
Job console for Hangfire
GitHub repositories (35)
Showing the top 5 popular GitHub repositories that depend on Hangfire.Core:
ASP.NET Boilerplate - Web Application Framework
Distributed Application Framework for .NET
A .NET workflows library
Enterprise HealthChecks for ASP.NET Core Diagnostics Package
Clean Architecture Template for Blazor WebAssembly Built with MudBlazor Components.
Release notes are available in our blog https://www.hangfire.io/blog/
Please see https://docs.hangfire.io/en/latest/upgrade-guides/upgrading-to-hangfire-1.8.html to learn how to upgrade.
• Added – Possibility to inform a `FaviconPath` on `DashboardOptions` (by @cezar-pimentel).
• Fixed – Inability to restore a disabled recurring job, regression in version 1.8.3.
• Fixed – Make it possible to serialize the `AutomaticRetryAttribute` filter to JSON.
• Added – Pass server id from a worker to the `PerformContext.ServerId` property available in filters.
• Fixed – Send heartbeats until full background processing server shutdown.
• Changed – Allow to configure `MaxLinesInStackTrace` for a particular `FailedState` instance.
• Fixed – Remove job id from schedule when it's not in the Scheduled state for some reason.
• Fixed – Missing invocations of recurring jobs when the new "Ignorable" option is used.
• Fixed – Make `DisableConcurrentExecutionAttribute` and `LatencyTimeoutAttribute` serializable.
• Changed – Disable transactional job creation feature appeared in 1.8.0.
• Fixed – "Can not start continuation XXX" error when storage supports transactional job creation.
• Added – `MisfireHandlingMode.Ignorable` to avoid scheduling recurring jobs on missed schedules.
• Added – Support disabling dark mode via the `DashboardOptions.DarkModeEnabled` property.
• Changed – Remove the 1-hour limitation for the `WithJobExpirationTimeout` configuration method.
• Fixed – Add missing `UseDefaultCulture` configuration method overloads.
• Fixed – Add missing `UseDashboardStylesheet` and `UseJobDetailsRenderer` configuration methods.
• Fixed – Give even more space for identifiers on the Recurring Jobs page.
• Fixed – `state-card-state-active` color is not very dark (by @coolhome).
• Fixed – Slightly change chart proportions to fit 4K in Dashboard UI.
• Breaking – Dropped the `NET45` platform target in favor of the `NET451` target to support Visual Studio 2022.
• Added – Introduce the `Job.Queue` property, so jobs now can have their own queue specified.
• Added – Method overloads to create background jobs directly with a custom default queue.
• Added – Method overloads to create recurring jobs directly with a custom default queue.
• Added – `IBackgroundJobClient.Create` method overloads with the new `queue` parameter.
• Added – Allow to filter exception types in `AutomaticRetryAttribute` by using the new `OnlyOn` property.
• Added – `DeletedState` now has the persisted `Exception` property populated after a failure.
• Added – `JobContinuationOptions.OnlyOnDeletedState` to create continuations after a failure.
• Added – `Exception` job parameter is passed to continuation when `UseResultsInContinuations` method is used.
• Added – `FromExceptionAttribute` to deal with an antecedent exception in a background job continuation.
• Added – Make it possible to specify multiple `JobContinuationOptions` values for a continuation.
• Added – `BackgroundJobServerOptions.IsLightweightServer` option to run a server with no storage processes.
• Added – Ability to use custom formattable resource identifiers for the `DisableConcurrentExecution` filter.
• Added – Pass `ServerId` to `FailedState` instances to simplify the debugging on different servers.
• Added – Allow to pass job parameters when creating a job (by @brian-knoll-micronetonline).
• Added – `MisfireHandlingMode.Strict` to create a job for each missed recurring job occurrence.
• Added – Support for default culture and UI culture via the `UseDefaultCulture` configuration method.
• Added – Introduce the `captureDefault` parameter in the `CaptureCulture` filter.
• Added – `IGlobalConfiguration.UseFilterProvider` extension method to unify the configuration.
• Added – Built-in `Remove` method for `JobFilterCollection` to remove global filters based on their type.
• Added – `CompatibilityLevel.Version_180` flag to avoid storing culture parameters when they are the same as the default ones.
• Changed – Create job atomically when `Transaction.CreateJob` feature is supported by the storage.
• Changed – Query time from storage in recurring and delayed schedulers when supported by storage.
• Changed – Move job to the `DeletedState` instead of `SucceededState` when its invocation was canceled by a filter.
• Changed – Speedup delayed jobs when a custom default queue is specified by avoiding extra state transition.
• Changed – Use UI culture from `CurrentCulture` parameter when `CurrentUICulture` one is missing.
• Changed – Increase the default value for the `BackgroundJobServerOptions.StopTimeout` to 500 ms.
• Deprecated – `AddOrUpdate` overloads with optional params defined in the `RecurringJobManagerExtensions` class.
• Deprecated – `AddOrUpdate` overloads with optional parameters defined in the `RecurringJob` class.
• Deprecated – `AddOrUpdate` method overloads with no `recurringJobId` parameter.
• Deprecated – `RecurringJobOptions.QueueName` property, new methods should be used instead.
• Breaking – Dropped `NET45` platform target in favor of `NET451` target to support Visual Studio 2022.
• Added – Dark mode support for Dashboard UI depending on the system settings (by @danillewin).
• Added – Dashboard UI now has a full-width layout to display more data (by @danillewin).
• Added – `DefaultRecordsPerPage` property on the `DashboardOptions` class (by @PaulARoy).
• Added – `IGlobalConfiguration.UseJobDetailsRenderer` method for custom renderers for the Job Details page.
• Added – Display deleted jobs in the Realtime and History graphs when supported by storage.
• Added – `IGlobalConfiguration.UseDashboardMetrics` extension method to pass multiple metrics at once.
• Added – State renderer for the `DeletedState` to display its new exception property.
• Added – Support for new `MonitoringApi` methods for the Awaiting Jobs page.
• Changed – Make it possible to display methods of non-loaded jobs in the Dashboard UI when supported by storage.
• Changed – Improved display of realtime chart with more accents on failed and deleted jobs.
• Changed – Don't display the queue name in the state transition list when it's the `default` one.
• Changed – Display scheduled job count when the enqueued count is zero on the main metric.
• Added – `Factory`, `StateMachine`, and `Performer` properties to context classes to avoid injecting services.
• Added – Allow to pass custom data to `ApplyStateContext` and `ElectStateContext` instances.
• Added – Preserve custom data dictionary between the entire filter chain.
• Added – Allow to pass a transaction to background job state changer when new methods are implemented.
• Changed – Ignore some members when serializing a `JobFilterAttribute` instance to decrease the payload size.
• Added – Virtual `JobStorage.GetReadOnlyConnection` method intended to return `JobStorageConnection` for replicas.
• Added – Virtual `JobStorage.HasFeature` method for querying optional features.
• Added – The `JobStorageFeatures` class to avoid using magic strings in storage features.
• Added – Optional `GetSetCount`, `GetSetContains`, and `GetUtcDateTime` methods for the `JobStorageConnection` class.
• Added – Optional `AcquireDistributedLock` and `RemoveFromQueue` methods for the `JobStorageTransaction` class.
• Added – Optional `CreateJob` and `SetJobParameter` methods for the `JobStorageTransaction` class.
• Added – Optional `ParametersSnapshot` property for `BackgroundJob` and `JobData` classes to minimize roundtrips in the future.
• Added – Support for transactional acknowledgment using a new storage method for better handling some data loss scenarios.
• Added – Fetch `Retries` and `Awaiting` metrics in `StatisticsDto` properties when supported by storage.
• Added – The `JobStorageMonitor` class with more available methods for the new features.
• Changed – Allow to query job parameters without additional roundtrip when supported by storage.
• Changed – Expose state data dictionaries in list DTOs when supported by storage.
• Changed – Rely on storage indexing with the `Monitoring.AwaitingJobs` feature.
• Added – `IBackgroundProcess.UseBackgroundPool` now allows to pass thread configuration logic.
• Added – `BackgroundJobServerOptions.WorkerThreadConfigurationAction` option for custom thread configuration.
• Changed – Allow changing queues on the fly with custom worker configuration.
• Changed – Avoid storage roundtrip to query job data in worker, take data from previous state change.
• Changed – `FromParameterAttribute`-based logic now always overwrites arguments, even with non-null values.
• Changed – Turn the `JobContinuationOptions` enum into flags while still possible.
• Changed – Re-implement `TaskExtensions.WaitOneAsync` only with the `RegisterWaitForSingleObject` method.
• Changed – `ServerHeartbeatProcess` now uses `ThreadPriority.AboveNormal` to prioritize heartbeats.