See the version list below for details.
Install-Package altcover -Version 8.1.819
dotnet add package altcover --version 8.1.819
<PackageReference Include="altcover" Version="8.1.819" />
paket add altcover --version 8.1.819
#r "nuget: altcover, 8.1.819"
// Install altcover as a Cake Addin #addin nuget:?package=altcover&version=8.1.819 // Install altcover as a Cake Tool #tool nuget:?package=altcover&version=8.1.819
A cross-platform pre-instrumenting code coverage tool set for .net/.net core and Mono
|.NET||net5.0 net5.0-windows net6.0 net6.0-android net6.0-ios net6.0-maccatalyst net6.0-macos net6.0-tvos net6.0-windows|
|.NET Core||netcoreapp2.0 netcoreapp2.1 netcoreapp2.2 netcoreapp3.0 netcoreapp3.1|
|.NET Standard||netstandard2.0 netstandard2.1|
|.NET Framework||net20 net35 net40 net403 net45 net451 net452 net46 net461 net462 net463 net47 net471 net472 net48|
This package has no dependencies.
This package is not used by any NuGet packages.
GitHub repositories (12)
Showing the top 5 popular GitHub repositories that depend on altcover:
Simple, powerful, cross-platform SQLite client and ORM for .NET
A simple package with guard clause extensions.
ReportGenerator converts coverage reports generated by coverlet, OpenCover, dotCover, Visual Studio, NCover, Cobertura, JaCoCo, Clover, gcov or lcov into human readable reports in various formats.
Base class with tests for adding specifications to a DDD model
Database migration tool for .NET and .NET Core projects. Inspired by Flyway.
This build from https://github.com/SteveGilham/altcover/tree/5029bc391f2ce4daa48f82a74c36032f4e4dfee6
Q. Never mind the fluff -- how do I get started?
A. Start with the Quick Start guide : https://github.com/SteveGilham/altcover/wiki/QuickStart-Guide
# 8.1.819 (Habu series release 4)
* Adapt to recent compiler optimizations that make function objects static if they don't close over their environment -- properly detect their owner functions for exclusion and for JSON format output
* If the report format is JSON, ensure that the coverage file doesn't end `.xml`, and if not JSON, that it doesn't end `.json` (case-blind comparison)
# 8.1.817 (Habu series release 3)
* `Merge-OpenCover` cmdlet and `OpenCover.Merge` API. It should handle both strict (`OpenCover`, `AltCover --reportFormat=OpenCover`) and more relaxed (`coverlet`, `ConvertFrom-CoverageJson`, `Write-OpenCoverDerivedState -Coverlet`) interpretations
* When `--callContext` indicates a method returning an F# `async` computation, then track all calls within the same async flow, just as with C# `async` methods from v7.2.800
# 8.0.816 (Habu series release 2)
* Move to Cake 1.0 as baseline for Cake support
* [VISUALIZER] Support for LCov and Cobertura format reports
* [VISUALIZER] For formats with only line-level information (e.g. LCov, Covertura or from coverlet), colour the whole line, and not just the line number gutter
# 8.0.815 (Habu series release 1)
* [BUGFIX] Issue 122 -- rework the method name tokenization for extracting the `returnType (argumentList)` signature values in the Cobertura output, fixing an off-by-one error that generated `returnType argumentList)` without the `(` as well as the headline exception.
* [NEW] Native JSON report formatting (`--reportFormat=Json` or equivalents), a superset of coverlet's JSON
* AltCover `classic` mode -- just running the instrumented code and collecting results in the `ProcessExit` handler -- is not supported with `--reportFormat=Json`
* `ConvertFrom-CoverageJson` cmdlet to convert from coverlet or AltCover JSON to a miminal OpenCover format
* Preparing as Native JSON, to generate an LCov or Cobertura report at collection is supported
* [VISUALIZER] Both versions will now consume and display from coverlet and AltCover JSON output
* [BREAKING] the `-x, --xmlReport` argument or equivalent becomes just `-r, --report` since not all reports are XML
* [BREAKING] the stop-gap `--jsonReport` collection option from v7.6 is withdrawn, and the related `ConvertTo-CoverageJson` cmdlet now produces the AltCover native JSON format
* For both LCov and Cobertura output, coalesce cases of multiple sequence points per line into one entry per line
* Extensions to coverlet's JSON format are as follows
* `Method` has optional fields
* `SeqPnts` (array of `SeqPnt`)
* `TId` (integer tracking ID)
* `Entry` and
* `Exit` (arrays of timestamps)
* `BranchInfo` has optional fields
* `Id` (integer unique ID)
* `Times` (array of timestamps) and
* `Tracks` (array of tracking IDs)
* `SeqPnt` is `VC` (visit count), `SL` (start line), `SC` (start column), `EL`, `EC` (ditto for end), `Offset`, `Id`, all integers, and optional `Times` and `Tracks` as for `BranchInfo`
* Because int64 doesn't fit as a double, tracking-related timestamps are represented as Base64Encoded strings of the ticks count as a network byte order quantity `Convert.ToBase64String(BitConverter.GetBytes(IPAddresss.HostToNetworkOrder(ticks)))`
# 7.6.812 (Genbu series release 15)
* [VISUALIZER] Move the global tool to the new 0.10 AvaloniaUI release
* Monitor API
* [BUGFIX] Harden the monitor API `TryGetVisitTotals` against race conditions in multi-threaded tests
* Publish the AltCover.Monitor API as API (i.e. under `lib/`) in the main package `altcover` as well as in `altcover.api` (but not in `altcover.global`; global tools aren't library compatible to be accessed through a `package add` reference). It's there next to the PowerShell assembly (per `altcover ImportModule`) if you want to manually link to it, though
* Support writing unit tests involving the API back to `net20` as well as `netstandard2.0`
* Add `--jsonReport` option (and equivalents) to output the NCover or OpenCover data in a minified JSON format, like the existing `--lcovReport` option does for that format. The JSON is a direct map of the XML, with values appropriately typed.
* Add a `ConvertTo-CoverageJson` cmdlet and a `ConvertToJson` toolkit API to post-precess existing NCover/OpenCover reports
# 7.5.809 (Genbu series release 14)
* [NEW] AltCover.Monitor API to track current coverage from running unit tests. Current implementation requires `dotnet test`, or other command-line testing with `--defer` set, in which the cumulative visit numbers are available, rather than everything having been dumped to file instead.
* [BUGFIX] In OpenCover format output, only emit `<File />` records relevant to the respective module, not for all source files encountered so far.
For previous releases (7.4.x and earlier) [go here](https://github.com/SteveGilham/altcover/blob/master/ReleaseNotes%20-%20Previously.md)