PdfRenderer converts PDF to images (png, jpg, tiff) or text from C#/.NET (wrapper for poppler tools). Component can render PDF pages to image for preview/thumbnail with custom resolution; useful for viewing PDFs without installed PDF viewer. Poppler tool (pdftoppm, pdfinfo, pdfimages, pdftotext) binaries are extracted on first use and you don't need to deploy them separately (only for Windows env).
See the version list below for details.
Install-Package NReco.PdfRenderer -Version 1.2.3
dotnet add package NReco.PdfRenderer --version 1.2.3
<PackageReference Include="NReco.PdfRenderer" Version="1.2.3" />
paket add NReco.PdfRenderer --version 1.2.3
Convert PDF to image online demo, usage examples: https://www.nrecosite.com/pdf_to_image_renderer_net.aspx
- without a license key PdfRenderer works in TRIAL MODE (with some limitations / trial notices).
- poppler 0.67 binaries for Windows are included (extracted on first use)
- can be used in .NET Core apps; in case of non-Windows platform (Linux, MacOS) poppler tools should be deployed/installed separately.
- legacy net20 target is replaced with net45 (minimal .NET Framework version is 4.5)
- legacy netstandard1.5 target is removed as .NET Core 1.x reaches end-of-life
- fixed parse issue with PdfImages.GetPdfImagesList ('pdfimages -list')
- added PdfInfo.GetPdfInfo overload that can read PDF from Stream
- added workaround for known 'pdftoppm' issue with TIFF output on windows
- added PdfImages wrapper API for 'pdfimages' (extract images from PDF or get list of images in PDF)
- added PdfToTextConverter wrapper API for 'pdftotext' (extract text from PDF, possibly with layout metadata)
- poppler for windows updated to latest 0.67
- added GenerateImage and GenerateImages overloads that accept Stream as input
- use System.Drawing.Common instead of CoreCompat.System.Drawing.v2 in netstandard20 build
- No dependencies.
This package is not used by any NuGet packages.
This package is not used by any popular GitHub repositories.