Bower is a package manager for the web. It offers a generic, unopinionated solution to the problem of front-end package management, while exposing the package dependency model via an API that can be consumed by a more opinionated build stack. There are no system wide dependencies, no dependencies are shared between different apps, and the dependency tree is flat.
Bower runs over Git, and is package-agnostic. A packaged component can be made up of any type of asset, and use any type of transport (e.g., AMD, CommonJS, etc.).
-- Bundle Features --
This bundle works without Node.js and Git installations, so you can use js-restore on any build server (including cloud TFS) and don't commit external js files.
See the version list below for details.
Install-Package Bower -Version 1.3.1
dotnet add package Bower --version 1.3.1
<PackageReference Include="Bower" Version="1.3.1" />
paket add Bower --version 1.3.1
- Removed support for node 0.8. It may still work but we will no longer fix bugs for older versions of node.
- Add Bower Insight for opt-in analytics integration to help improve tool and gain insight on community trends
- Add moduleType property to bower init (#934)
- Fix prune command to log only after cleanup is completed (#1023)
- Fix git resolver to ignore pre-release versions (#1017)
- Fix shorthand flag for save option on uninstall command (#1031)
- Add bower version command (#961)
- Add .bowerrc option to use --save by default when using bower install command (#1074)
- Fix git resolver caching (#1083)
- Fix reading versions from cache directory (#1076)
- Add svn support (#1055)
- Allow circular dependencies to be installed (#1104)
- Add scripts/hooks support (#718)
- Single .bin dir support
- Jsgit hacks replaced by nogit dependency (clean bower codebase)
NuGet packages (3)
Showing the top 3 NuGet packages that depend on Bower:
Add easy bower.js support in Visual Studio Package Manager
Yeoman is the scaffolding tool for creating modern webapps, which helps getting started and bootstrap your application with popular front-end tools and frameworks. It is comprised of three tools: yo (the scaffolding tool), grunt (the build tool) and bower (for package management).
GitHub repositories (1)
Showing the top 1 popular GitHub repositories that depend on Bower:
Microsoft’s Corporate, External, and Legal Affairs (CELA) group, in partnership with the Office extensibility team, developed Matter Center for Office 365 -- a document management and collaboration solution built using the Office app development model, Azure and Sharepoint.